* Related Definitions, Terms and Acronyms:
- Credit - is the risk of loss due to a party (such as a borrower) defaulting on a loan, or more generally the risk of loss due to some credit event.
- Gift certificates or gift cards - cash alternatives that are essentially the same, except that the cards automate the checkout and accounting processes by having a barcode or magnetic strip, which can be processed through a standard electronic credit card machine.
- Bankruptcy - a legally-declared inability or decreased ability of an person or company to pay their creditors.
- MasterCard Incorporated - a membership organization owned by the 25,000 financial institutions that issue its brand of credit cards.
- ID-1 - the ISO 7810 format specifying a size of 85.60 × 53.98 mm (3.370 × 2.125 in.) commonly used for banking cards such as ATM cards, credit cards, debit cards, and so on.