* Related Definitions, Terms and Acronyms:
- American Express - a diversified global financial services company headquartered in the United States, best known for its credit card, charge card and Traveler's cheque businesses.
- Credit card - a plastic card having a magnetic strip, issued by a bank or business authorizing the holder to buy goods or services on credit. Also called charge card.
- Personal identification number (PIN) - a numeric value used in certain systems as passwords to gain access, and authenticate.
- Filling station or petrol station - see gas station.
- Gift certificates or gift cards - cash alternatives that are essentially the same, except that the cards automate the checkout and accounting processes by having a barcode or magnetic strip, which can be processed through a standard electronic credit card machine.