* Related Definitions, Terms and Acronyms:
- Carte Blanche - a minor credit card that was acquired by Citibank and phased out of service, and revived in 2000.
- Revolving credit card or account - a credit card or credit account while allows the user to carry a balance (a revolving balance) each month by paying a minimum amount. This flexibility comes at the cost of interest charged by the credit card companies.
- Credit score purpose - attempts to quantify the likelihood that a prospective borrower will fail to repay a loan or other credit obligation satisfactorily.
- ISO 7810 - an international standard that defines three formats for identity or identification cards, ID-1, ID-2, and ID-3.
- Borrower - someone who receives something (e.g., loaned money) on the promise to return it or its equivalent to the lender.