* Related Definitions, Terms and Acronyms:
- Revolving credit card or account - a credit card or credit account while allows the user to carry a balance (a revolving balance) each month by paying a minimum amount. This flexibility comes at the cost of interest charged by the credit card companies.
- Credit definition - the ability to borrow funds.
- Supermarket gas stations - discount gas stations found at some supermarkets (Albertsons, Kroger, and Vons), convenience stores (7-Eleven), mass merchandise stores (Wal-Mart) and membership warehouse stores (Costco, Sam's Club, and BJ's). Some such stations require a special membership card to receive the discounted gasoline price.
- Credit card - a plastic card having a magnetic strip, issued by a bank or business authorizing the holder to buy goods or services on credit. Also called charge card.
- Interest rate - the percentage of a sum of money charged for its use, also called rate of interest.