* Related Definitions, Terms and Acronyms:
- Consumer reporting agencies - are companies that collect and report credit information about consumers to be used for credit evaluation and other purposes.
- Revolving credit - a type of credit that does not have a fixed number of payments, in contrast to installment credit.
- ID-1 - the ISO 7810 format specifying a size of 85.60 × 53.98 mm (3.370 × 2.125 in.) commonly used for banking cards such as ATM cards, credit cards, debit cards, and so on.
- MasterCard Incorporated - a membership organization owned by the 25,000 financial institutions that issue its brand of credit cards.
- Interest - a supplemental charge for a loan, usually a percentage of the amount loaned.