* Related Definitions, Terms and Acronyms:
- Loan - a transfer or delivery of money from one party to another with the express or implied agreement that the sum will be repaid regardless of contingency and usually with interest.
- Contactless smart card - a smart card in which the chip communicates with the card reader through RFID induction technology and physical contact between card and reader is not required.
- Credit rating - a grading of a borrower's ability to meet financial obligations in a timely manner. Credit ratings are set by lenders and by independent agents for companies, individuals, and specific debt issues.
- Service station (U.S.) - a filling station that also offers such services as oil change and mechanical repairs to automobiles.
- Discount brands - usually smaller regional gas station chains or independent stations that offer lower prices on gasoline.